« Home | Movies - Red Shoes (2005) - 분홍신 » | Movies - Goal! » | Internet - eQiuSpot » | Personal - My day at work » | Singapore - Bali Bomb Blast!! Erh!! » | Personal - PC Info » | Singapore - Sim Lim Square » | Movies - The Myth (JCE Productions) » | Personal - Movies Jackie or Andy » | Personal - Lucky Dog!! » 

Monday, October 10, 2005 

BF2 - Battlefield 2 Patch 1.03 Problems

I'm aware that a whole bunch of you have had various problems, both with installing the 1.03 BF2 patch, as well problems playing BF2 after the patch. Unfortunately there aren't many solutions other than the ones I've linked to on page 3 of my guide. More recently The Inquirer has raised concerns about the patch and CD Key Issues. The hits just keep coming with this patch. I don't usually post editorial opinions about games, but I am fairly pissed off at the state in which EA Games have left Battlefield 2.


I started out really enjoying BF2, but after the first few weeks as players discovered the strengths and weaknesses of the various vehicles and weapons, the game started to crumble before my eyes. Everyone started racking up huge points with cheap tactics like loading up Blackhawk choppers with Engineers, making them invincible airborne point-whoring platforms. Then the virtually-impossible-to-hit Jets came to the fore. Then people started bunnyhopping like crazed jackrabbits. So I waited with hope that after 3 months of this crap, EA would bail us out with the 1.03 patch. Guess what - the 171MB patch hasn't fixed any of the major problems with the game, and in fact has created more bugs and problems for a lot of people.

I apologize for the rant, but really, is it that hard for a multi-million dollar entertainment company like EA Games to actually spend 3 months creating a genuinely useful and tightly-coded patch? Or is it more likely that once they have our money, they view the patch more as a favor, or perhaps as a means of keeping us hanging on so we buy their 'Special Forces Expansion Pack'? Well either way BF2 has lost its flavor for me, and EA Games have cemented their reputation as a company with no commitment to quality in my eyes.

Guess what? At the end of the day, BF2 is still a great game!!

Guess what? At the end of the day, BF2 is still a great game!!

ooops....a double post? Sorry about that chief!

hi there (I Lost my BHawk shine lol 103 suck red tag is not remove yet @_@)i came across this blog...its was pretty nice i kinda like it.Can u add the my URL:to ur site or blog?:) yea do visit my blog i have combine a handful of useful topic and seach enginer for your easy usage...if u have a blog google ads,i would like to do a exchange visit to your blog not only that i will also visit your Google Ads to made use of your Ads information provide for us.thanks let me know if u visited my. cheer
petersun sorry if i post again

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

Post a Comment